<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://ilovethisandthat.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
I Love This and That: candle in a bottle

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

candle in a bottle

Ain't these sweet?



I saw them in an interior shop while I was on holiday and thought, as soon as I get home I'm going to make them! Here they are...
I love using hearts because I'm a heart kind-of-girl. If you're not one, you can use any other shape, or initials, or cut out a word!

What you need:
2 sheets of reading book paper
scissors
an old clean glass bottle
glue
rope or ribbon depending on the size of the neck of the bottle... about 50cm's



Take the page and measure on the bottle what the size of the paper should be. The circumference of the bottle will be wider on the outside than the inside, but measure it to get an idea.



You will have to stick the sheets together, but to start off first stick the one side together and make sure that it is cut straight. Then and cut off the wrinkled edges.



Now measure approximately where you want to cut the hearts or shapes. Lightly fold the paper and cut out your shape.



Before you put the paper in the bottle, glue the one end of the paper, put it in the bottle and spread the paper inside the bottle. Then stick the other end of the paper to the bottle. Almost done.



Now to just finish off the project tie a ribbon or piece of rope around the neck of the bottle, and place a tea-light candle in the bottle.



They are beautiful for the middle of your table or to put a few of them on your windowsill and light them for a pretty picture in the evenings.



Happy crafting and enjoy your pretty candle holders.






Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At June 17, 2014 at 3:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The paper does not catch on fire?

 
At June 30, 2014 at 5:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would use a tea light so that you wouldn't have to worry about the paper catching fire. I'm sure it would since the glue is probably flammable too.

 
At July 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made these for my wedding on Saturday. I am using the flameless tea lights. They came out so nice! I can't wait to see the table set up with these and my centerpieces :)

 
At August 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Why not decoupage page to outside? Can be done cheap with elmers glue. Also antique paper first would be cute.

 
At May 28, 2015 at 6:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do catch fire, am gutted made them for a party and the paper caught fire and burnt. Would be a good idea to get LED tealights for these

 
At September 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your idea is what I'm doing!

 
At September 11, 2015 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your idea is what I'm doing!

 
At November 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would modgepodge work if you put it on the outside?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home